"I also withheld rain from you
when the harvest was still three months away.
I sent rain on one town,
but withheld it from another.
One field had rain;
another had none and dried up.
People staggered from town to town for water
but did not get enough to drink,
yet you have not returned to me,"
declares the LORD.
In the midst of our busy schedules filled with projects, commitments, people to meet, tutorials to do, readings to read, sometimes we try too hard by ourselves. Like COME ON! God say it's difficult right? Let me help you. And the first thing is NO! I will try and do this myself. And you start going from town to town to gather like drops of water when God would actually open up the floodgates of heaven to pour them unto you. And that's not all.
Amos 4:11-13
"I overthrew some of you
as I [a] overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah.
You were like a burning stick snatched from the fire,
yet you have not returned to me,"
declares the LORD.
12 "Therefore this is what I will do to you, Israel,
and because I will do this to you,
prepare to meet your God, O Israel."
13 He who forms the mountains,
creates the wind,
and reveals his thoughts to man,
he who turns dawn to darkness,
and treads the high places of the earth—
the LORD God Almighty is his name.
God is always gracious to save us when we're about to end up in our pitfalls. BUT to grow us and stop us from digging our own grave, sometimes He has to do something to grow us. And honestly speaking, when God says "prepare to meet your God, O Israel" I'm quite sure He wasn't being very sympathetic. But God was being the strict coach who really wants us to be 'coached' to be better and it'll be tough.
So... Word of advice. Always turn to God and obey Him. God always does and will always have the bestest best plan for us. And you really don't want to learn things the hard way (if possible). =P Haha.
No comments:
Post a Comment