Friday, July 11, 2008

Family

Family. It's a rather big word sometimes. Be it our direct family at home, our spiritual family in church or even our family of close friends, the word family always does spell "committment".

Recently because of my younger brother watching some family themed drama, I happened to be around hence joined in the watching. Intriguingly, after watching a few episodes of the family themed drama, I felt a small sense of coziness and warmth. I did wonder about this feeling because it is kinda different from the sense of emptiness and dread that occurs sometimes after having watched some other movies or shows. It then occurred to me about the importance of family.

It has always been in God's plan for there to be families and of course strong families. :)

Genesis2:18
The LORD God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him."

He knows the importance of family. It is His plan for the head of the household to be the leader to lead the family closer in their relationship with God. However, because of sin, God's perfect plan is not to be. Hence we have spiritual families - our caregroups! ^^ This is the family that He has given us. :) It came to my thoughts about how the family in the drama was so good and happy though God is not in the midst of the family. However it occurred to me that with God in the midst of the family, the family can be EVEN closer!

All of us have our imperfections and it takes a close friend to tell you the truth but a family member to help you through this imperfection.

Philipians1:6
"Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."

This is what I love about God. He who will not start something that He will not complete. Since He has started His work in me to change me to transform me to a better person AND in doing so that I may live my life to the fullest with Him, I'm not afraid that He will suddenly bail out on me. :)

Many times it is through people that God speaks to us and does His works. Hence from now, I want to do my very best to stay committed to not only my spiritual family (love you my dear caregroup! ^^) but also give my best in my direct family in bringing everyone closer together also because I really hope for my family to come to know God too. :)

No comments: