Monday, December 15, 2008

The Man With Leprosy

Matthew 8: 1-4

1When he came down from the mountainside, large crowds followed him. 2A man with leprosy came and knelt before him and said, "Lord, if you are willing, you can make me clean."

3Jesus reached out his hand and touched the man. "I am willing," he said. "Be clean!" Immediately he was cured of his leprosy. 4Then Jesus said to him, "See that you don't tell anyone. But go, show yourself to the priest and offer the gift Moses commanded, as a testimony to them."

He reached out his hand. He touched him.

It just suddenly came upon me, truly for how long it must have been since anyone at all dared touched the man. They don't even dare to be near him. I can imagine how it must have felt when Jesus touched the man and said the very words "I am willing".

It was a very simple gesture of reaching out one's hand. A very gentle touch. Yet it expressed such great love, such great compassion that almost caused tears to well up in my eyes.

Such simple 4 verses and it was really unexpected. Never did I expect God to speak this much from a follow-up with K.T.

Lord, if you are willing, you can heal my wrist.

Tomorrow's the day. :)

No comments: