Wednesday, April 30, 2008

What Will You Do?

Ezekiel 22:30
"I looked for a man among them who would build up the wall and stand before me in the gap on behalf of the land so I would not have to destroy it, but I found none."

I think this verse kinda spoke pretty much to me today. As I read this verse, I wonder to myself "What will I do if one day the people around me that I am close to decide to give up their relationship with God?"

Really. What will I do? I wonder. I mean it is always easy to say "God! Even if the whole world says no to You I will say a BIG YES to You!" Talk is cheap but actions are deep. And it is so so so true. Things are always easier said than done and the words of a NATO are but empty shells.

I can't say for sure how I may react but as I read this verse over and over again, it throbs in my heart that God searched for a man. He literally searched. Unlike the way stars and idols were founded where people have to first want to be a part of it, God searched for his man who would build up the wall and stand before Him in the gap on behalf of the land by the individuals Himself. He is really really very very detailed in doing so just so that He can find a man to intercede on behalf of the land. The result? None.

Can you imagine if that were your school, your campus, your camp or even your family? Yes. You may be saved. You are fine. But what about the rest? Who will stand up for God to be the one to say "God, I will build your wall and stand before You in the gap on behalf of the land so that these people (whom I deeply love) will not be destroyed but come to know of Your unconditional perfect love." I want to. Because I cannot imagine the people who are so dear around me ending up in a God-forsaken place. And if this is so, I know how much more God is really longing for these lost people to come to know Him and be saved.

Recently a sister was telling me that she didn't feel like going down for a church event because there weren't a lot of people from her CG going down. So I asked her "What if one day no one wants to serve God. What will you do? Will you still serve Him?" She didn't answer the question but I'm really glad to say that in the end she did go down for the event and blessed those who were present with her joyfulness and presence. :)

So it comes down to this question again. Why do you serve God? When there is no one else that is willing to serve Him and God calls down to you... What will you do?

1 comment:

oink oink said...

AIYO TSK TSK TSK, scandal la someone. hahahhaahahahahahaha.