Friday, October 23, 2009

Me and my Dumb and Dumberer

Woke up this morning trying to cook porridge for myself using stove fire and pot coz I saw salted eggs on the table.

Lesson learnt:
Cooking porridge needs lots of attention!!! You can't just leave it there to boil by itself!!!

Ok. Don't laugh. I know it's stupid. I ended up with a put that has a black bottom... Had to clean up the stove and later wash the pot... I'm determined to eat this anyway so I just put it in my rice cooker and pressed "Congee". It's an hour away...

Thankful to God for yesterday. Somehow He managed to help me pull through my longest day with lesser dread than usual despite the backlog that we had to rush for our project which is due very soon and we HAVEN'T EVEN STARTED ON ANYTHING CONCRETE! Yup. I guess God really knocked some emotional senses into me (when I just didn't want to feel much) by allowing my sheep to fall terribly ill and it made me drop what I'm doing to just go down to the medical centre to see how he is doing. God, hope that you've already taken away his migraine!!!

Simply thankful for God's guidance such that the project group could finally move forward too. It felt like no one was taking the reins and I couldn't either. But it did move forward eventually, somehow.

Grateful for the time spent in fellowship talking to Qianru's friend/ Jingting's ex-room mate (forgot what's her name! Oh no! Need to ask Jingting/Qianru). It reminded me of what we should be doing most of the time at HQ, which shouldn't be simply studying and our own work though we may need at times. The chat with Yanyu home was pretty much enjoyable too and it wasn't filled with loads of crap. Mind you, I don't only talk lame.

Asking God for new strength within me. Rushed to have my part done till 3a.m. and I'm up already. Living my days with God taking the reins of my life. Woohoo! Do with me as you please!

No comments: