Expectations are everywhere. Not very sure of what everyone expects of me but more often than not I think I would fail those expectations. Not the David that you might hope I'd be, not the Daniel that you seek, not the Paul that you sought to find. Just plain ol' ordinary flawed me.
Proverbs 30:7-9
"Two things I ask of you, O Lord; do not refuse me before I die: Keep falsehood and lies far from me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread. Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you and say, 'Who is the Lord?' Or I may become poor and steal, and so dishonor the name of my God."
Psalm 139:23-24
"Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting."
No comments:
Post a Comment