Thursday, February 12, 2009

Communication is KEY

Matthew 21:28-31
"What do you think? There was a man who had two sons. He went to the first and said, 'Son, go and work today in the vineyard.' " 'I will not,' he answered, but later he changed his mind and went. "Then the father went to the other son and said the same thing. He answered, 'I will, sir,' but he did not go. "Which of the two did what his father wanted?" "The first," they answered.

I think reading this verse, the norm that one would actually learn is to be like the first son: To do what the father calls us to do, and to keep to our promises; not giving lip service (I will, SIR!) but to walk our talk.

But it just intrigues me a little to wonder about the heart of the father. How does he feel when his first son rejected him? And later on how does he feel when his second son did not keep to his promise? Truth be told that the first son did work in the vineyard. It certainly did do the father proud. However, does the father know?

Sometimes communication between us and our leaders is really important because our support MATTERS to them. Especially the fact that we stick by them and go through things with them; the good and the bad. Leaders need to know they are not alone AND followers need to know their leaders' thoughts as well to be able to support them in the way the leaders need to be supported.

Hence if you're a leader and your people don't know your thoughts very well, share to them! And if you're a follower, go and know the thoughts of your leaders tell them that you are there to support them, always (to the best of your human abilities of course =P).

Encouragement that is not known is worthless. That, no matter how you look at it, is one painfully sad truth...

P.S. Recently I just realized that people do tag comments on my blog! Or I should just say person. Hahaha. Thanks pherd for your comments! ^^ Appreciate them! ^^ Let's meet up soon! Though I don't know how myself (when both of us are having busy schedules).  Maybe I'll pray for us to find time to meet up. :)

No comments: