Firstly before all else, before I continue with this entry, before I even think of other stuff, I really really really want to thank God. Really. It truly is amazing to see how carrying out a CG can actually be such an adventure. Hahaha. The process from preparing a CG, to when it is being carried out, and finally till its completion. It sure is an exciting journey with God. And I must say, I probably would not have been able to do it without You.
Next I want to thank God AND thank my CG for the time spent at CG. Thanks K.T. for leading the games. :) Thanks Shan Rui for leading us into a great time of worship and also with the drawing. :) Thanks Seow Wei for the small helpful ways provided during CG. :) Thanks Ashley for making a point to stay as long as you can even though CG kinda overshot. :) Thanks Gracia for your understanding and even constant care and concern for me. :) Thanks Eng How, you're presence does add courage to things. :) And of course, thanks to all at CG for the support given. ^^
It really is interesting to see how the verse Proverbs 16:9 comes to life throughout the whole process and you realize that God truly is in control of everything. Things happen out of my control but it all falls back into HIS control.
NYCA1 Story
One day in the land of NYC there lived a man who always has a stone with him. He was a man of little words but who loves green bean soup. Green bean soup wasn't something he liked before. It was apples and bouncing balls. But someone told him that green bean soup can prevent him from living on a crutch for life. Today he saw a piano and want to play on it but he had a sudden urge and decided to go to the toilet.
Was on the way to the toilet when the man saw a steaming bowl of green bean soup on the ground. He approached it and picked it up. Just as he was about to take a sip, he looked up and a dark cloud overshadowed him.
It became so dark, he couldn't see a thing. Then, an apple hit him on the head and he fell hard on the ground. When he woke up, everything was white, including a crutch. He felt so lame and sick of the all-white environment, so there was a craving for Macdonald.
He decided to satisfy his Macdonald's craving so he walked to the furthest Macdonald restaurant. During the journey a boy called "piano" who was bouncing a ball vigorously bumped into him and he was seriously injured. He was sent to the hospital. He woke up the next day and a whopper was right in front of him. He ate it and he was satisfied with the whopper.
After eating such a satisfying whopper, I went back to my hobby of playing the piano, which was just beside my crutch. I stoned for a while as I thought about the apple I ate before I bought the piano. Perhaps it was because of the green bean soup I had in the morning, the beans were bouncing like a ball in my stomach, and I decided to go toilet again.
Tried going to toilet again but on the way he found an apple on the floor that looked really tempting. The guy wanted to pick up to eat the apple but stepped on the green bean soup in front, slipped and knocked into a piano, went to heaven and see God and they lived happily ever after.
I know, its stupid and funny. Hahaha.
God's story for our CG is (of course) unknown at the moment. However, He knows what the plans are and we are the ones that make a difference in how the process shall be - that it moves in whirls and twirls, or a straight line because of how we support one another in growth? We are the ones who make this CG unique, different AND functional - one body, many parts. For Christ! ^^
1. Hebrews 10:25 - Fellowship
2. Openness & Authenticity
3. Biblical Strongly rooted in God's Word
4. Enthusiasm
5. Growth
6. Love & Care for one another with God's Love
The above are the 6 things that we listed out that we want and hope to grow our CG towards to becoming. One body, many parts. Interestingly, we all chose different points without realizing it. God, I'm ever so surprised by you yet again.
. Crutch . Bouncing Ball . Stone . Green Bean Soup . Piano . Apple .
No comments:
Post a Comment