It was only recently that I was reminded: I have to let Him take the wheel, to let Him take control.
Honestly speaking, it's not about all these things that I'm doing that matters so much. It's about who I'm doing all these things with - the process! And God has to be in the picture AND He has to be in control!
You know, when a man is drowning and struggling to keep himself above the waters, it is not wise for the lifeguard to attempt to rescue him. Coz in the midst of the struggle, the man might hit the lifeguard unconscious by accident, thus causing 2 lives instead of 1 to be lost.
Similarly, like how a lifeguard would not do anything to save a struggling man who can't swim, God waits for us to stop struggling before He steps in to save us. Not because we might hit Him unconscious, but so that we know it is God who is carrying us through and that we learn to trust in Him.
On a side note, a verse that really touched me and made me pretty happy today. Hehe.
Zephaniah 3:17
"The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you,
he will quiet you with his love,
he will rejoice over you with singing."
he is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you,
he will quiet you with his love,
he will rejoice over you with singing."
The verse kinda reminded me of the song "Amazed" where its first line went: "You dance over me, while I am unaware." Ps Jeff commented during one of the services on this line. He said that when we sang this line, we probably had a picture of our God dancing gracefully over us and all. But to him, he imagined God jumping up and down and all around because He was excited about His children! About how His children are leaving behind their old ways, about how His children's lives are slowly but surely being transformed, about how His children have finally come to understand even more of His Love for them...
Sometimes I really wonder... It's really amazing... How God can actually delight in us SO GREATLY. Really. I'm amazed. To delight in something so imperfect, so broken.
No comments:
Post a Comment