Thursday, June 5, 2008

Monday (Not so) Blues

The title is suppose to be lame. Really. Well, you know me. The Monday that just passed was pretty good I'd say. Started the day trying to teach 3 lovely sisters guitar at my house (Jesline, Nettie, Michelle). And I'm really encouraged to teach them guitar because they wanna learn guitar not so that they can be more talented with higher market value of something but so that they can grow in their devotional time and personal worship with God. Of course later on leading to playing for their CGs. :)

The practice started at 11am hence I woke up real early just to well, clean up my home. Yes yes. You got that right. I'm not someone who cleans up the house regularly and the problem is neither is my entire family ever since my mom started working. Zzzz... Oh well. Still an area of growth for all in my family. But I must say, after all that hard work cleaning the living room and dining area, I did feel quite proud of myself. I cleaned the place up with a still recovering hand, mind you. Haha.

After the guitar lesson, it was lunch!!! Had Long John Silver for lunch and I actually tried the stupid chicken feast! Dear Nettie just had to ask me to try it and so I tried. Nothing wrong with the food. LJS' chicken is still as good as it has always been, but the chicken feast is (seriously) an overdose of chicken... I felt like puking after that and even later on in the evening can't really eat much... So ladies and gentlemen, readers of this entry, unless and unless and UNLESS you are a chicken FANATIC pls don't try the chicken feast. It's an overkill of chickens. Seriously. Zzzz...

After that I travelled down to Woodlands to meet Yi Han and Kat for an afternoon casual chilling and bible studying. You wouldn't quite believe it but Yi Han actually was gyming before we met up. Really. Like yes the skinny, light ballet dancing Yi Han!!! Hahaha. I think Yi Han will kill me when she sees this. Hahaha. Well, she feels she needs the excercise to keep fit so... I guess she needs it then. :) But the interesting thing is that I actually reached there early but was simply roaming around Causeway point looking for Starbucks (where I'm suppose to meet her). YES! I know! For all you West side dwellers, I know there isn't a Starbucks at Causeway point! Well, I just knew about it on Monday. So after spending some time trying to look for the place in vain, I dropped Yi Han a msg to realise that it's not at Causeway point but opposite Causeway point. Zzz... But it's ok. I think the building across of Causeway point (I forgot what's the name liao) has a seemingly better ambience then Causeway point. So all was good. :)

Below are some photos which Yi Han is very determined to wanna take together with us. Partly so that I can post more nice photos of her on my blog and that her more unglam previous photos will be forgotten. So to see Yi Han's unglam photos, pls see previous entries. Hahaha. =P

This is taken by Yi Han from her own seat.

Myself, Kat and Yi Han.

Unfortunately Kat had to leave earlier to give her brothers tuition so she wasn't in this picture after we were done with bible studying.


Yes I know. We look stupid. Retarded in fact. Ok. I think that's only me. Yi Han still looks quite fine. O well. This is what makes life more interesting isn't it. =P

After the meet up, had to rush all the way down to Kallang mrt earlier to get extra tix from Jia Dai to the soccer match between Singapore and Uzbekistan. Miraculously, though I left late, God helped me to arrive in time. God is good! Wahahaha. And after that met up with Kuang Ting, Zachary and some others to watch the soccer match together. It was an interesting first experience watching the Singapore Lions do their thing but of course which led me to understand and conclude with the statement: Singapore will need at least 10 years to show up on World Cup. Really.

As you can see below, it is the final score of the match. Seriously. To think that Uzbekistan is a country I never heard of before and Singapore Lions actually lost to them so badly... Really... I wonder what they are doing man...

Wish I could have taken a clearer photo of the score but oh well... What to do. This is the result of a 5 megapixel camera handphone. And I must say it is pretty good already considering how far I was from the stupid scoreboard. You should have been here to see what happened at the 6th goal by Uzbekistan. Really. People stood up really really fast! Not really to cheer or even jeer but they actually stood up and (to my amusement) left in rather big crowds. I guess you know what it means when you see a score of 6 - 3 with 30 mins remaining. The guys were cracking stupid jokes with optimism about the Lions getting a goal every 10mins. Hahaha. It'd really have been a miracle if that had happened. And they will all have to come to know God. Wahahaha. Well, ending off this entry with a declaration. MVP of that night was dear defender named Precious (I think that's how you spell it). Made much boo boos and can't really run. Oh well. I shall try and be patriotic to my country now. Go Singapore. =P

No comments: