Sunday, June 1, 2008

Friday - 30th May 2008

Just felt like blogging about the Friday that just passed. Think it was a rather interesting day. Hahaha. Had my first follow-up with Jet alone without Eng How. I mean, it's not exactly something say super uber-ly significant for me since I have had my fair share of following-up on new believers alone before. But in a sense it did remind me of a rather significant fact: I haven't done this for the past 2 years already... This means that I haven't exactly seen people cross the line of faith in my own CG for at least 2 years already... Was talking to Bruce about it before the meet-up with Jet and he kinda pointed out to me that I musn't allow such a mistake to repeat now that I'm in the Uni ministry. I was distracted. I guess it's true. Having to have to lead the Usher ministry to new heights, take care of my sheep who weren't that on fire for God and also move together with the fervent serving momentum of the NS ministry; I guess in some way I was really distracted. Having to build the Usher ministry to what God had envisioned me to build, pioneering a Police CG alone and helping to take care of difficult sheep, I guess the challenges ahead were in abundance. But then, there was still no excuse. Prioritising is what's important. Putting the main thing the main thing. That aside, my shepherd ended the entire conversation with this: "You have no excuse NOW." Yes. Whatever the case might have been, there is no excuse for me NOW!

Continuing, the follow-up with Jet was good I think. We had casual chats and learnt the Word together. Was teaching on fellowship and it kinda reminded me of the low times I've had in my walk with God and how I'm simply thankful to the people around me who stuck through tough times with me. :) All was good. ^^

After that I had pretty much a lot of time to spare until my mom came to Plaza Singapura to get the new modem. So to kill time in a more biblical way, I crashed the Youth's WFL sessions. Crashed the session on "Deconstructing Hope" which was on V&P (Vision & Philosophy not Vision & Power) of Hope Church. Though having received this teaching before, I think it was pretty refreshing having sat through the session. Was renewed of the Vision of (not the church) but the Great Commission that God has given. :) And to top it off, it was free for me!!! Well, that's because I crashed it. Wahahaha..

As you can see below, this is evidence that erm... Yes it only shows that Peter was there. Hahaha. But well, it was yours truly that took this photo. =P


Left half way through the teaching to meet my mom and younger bro. Got the new modem and then went to catch a movie together. It was great having spent time together with both of them. And after that went home to celebrate the return of my internet connection. :)

No comments: