Monday, January 5, 2009

Don't Fill it with Busyness, Just Wait

Finally willed myself to pick up my Christmas gift to start reading it. The book is "My Utmost for His Highest". And I would say that the introduction is a real blast in itself. To give my best for His greatest glory. Truly that has been what I've been trying to do all along but being the imperfect me, I do hesitate and hold back at times.

Well, the take home lesson today I would say is to wait.

"When God brings a time of waiting, and appears to be unresponsive, don't fill it with busyness, just wait."

I think one of the most difficult things for us Singaporeans to do is to wait. Living such hectic lifestyles in today's modern fast-paced society, waiting sometimes feels like wasting time (at least to me). And instead of just waiting, we tend to occupy ourselves with something else while waiting; such as reading, playing games, listening to music & (if you're really spiritual) praying. But when it comes to waiting upon the Lord, it's different. You can't wait upon God and do something at the same time. Not here, not now, not in the future when technology advances either. We need all the concentration and focus we can muster to simply wait upon God - to seek His direction and counsel for us and to listen intently to Him.

To wait upon God is not to just wait. It's not like when you're waiting for the bus or for time to fly where you start tapping your toes and fingers for the 'divine moment' to arrive. To wait upon God is to seek Him and listen to Him while allowing Him to make things happen at His timing.

P.S. Dear God, from now till whatever that You may allow to happen, help me to seek Your face.

No comments: