Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Rising tides

Quoting "My Utmost for His Highest":

"The greatest competitor of true devotion to Jesus is the service we do for Him. It is easier to serve than to pour out our lives completely for Him."

One thing that I prayed to God about at last week's corporate prayer meet was for Him to help me to be a good steward, especially (as I foresaw) through with my studies. Apparently the workload is truly starting to pile up and I'm almost just taking one step at a time (走一步,看一步). Like I had Financial Management (FM) seminar yesterday and so I specially woke up at 6a.m. to do my tutorial. And have to rush to finish the tutorials for Accounting and Biz Law before the next 2 days... Of course there are also other responsibilities such as shepherding and growing people and building up both the CG and especially myself in the Lord.

With that many things to do, it feels like the tides have risen to my chin and finding it a little hard to breathe...

At the end of the day, it's not so much about what you did for God but how much of your life you've truly given to Him. God truly spoke to me through Matthew 10:28 about being careful not to get caught in this whole rat race once again. For God delights not in sacrifice, but in obedience.

Matthew 10:28
"Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell."

On a side note, really do wish that Jesus would come back quickly. Then I can just jump towards him and bury myself in him. Hahaha. I know it sounds gay but... who cares! I am but a child, God's child. :)

P.S. Dear God, love you lots! ^^

No comments: