Thursday, January 15, 2009

Fruit of the Spirit - Love

Recently my CG has started on the series of Fruit of the Spirit and last night we touched on the first and most important of all - love. It's really encouraging and cosy when everyone started sharing their thoughts openly, being honest and knowing each other's "preferred" ways of loving others and especially being loved. So now we all know. Wahahahaha...

Immediately after the CG, we applied what we learnt by visiting our dear sister in Christ, Joyce! It was most unfortunate that she can't join us for CG because of work. However, that doesn't stop us, the CG, from going to her. And it was really an enjoyable time of fellowship. :)

Matthew 7:16-17
"By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? Likewise every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit."

Really looking forward to the days to come when the Fruit of the Spirit will bear in greater measure in everyone's lives. Think it will be most exciting to watch each and every one of us grow in the Lord. Time will tell, and so will God. Until then, I shall keep everyone in my prayers.

On a side note, just to share a really funny conversation with the readers.
A: Hey, I wanted to pass you your Christmas card today.
B: Oh ok.
A: Ya. But I realized something.
B: What?
A: I forgot to write it.
(B bursts out laughing)
A: Really! I brought the card already. Just haven't write yet.

That was one of the funniest things I've ever heard. Made my day. Hahaha. Thanks 'A'. =P

P.S. Dear God, grow my CG into a plantation of good trees. :)

No comments: