Well, in the midst of it, I found these old photos. Running through some of these old photos really did make me feel like tearing (I won't say crying =P). Hahaha. Pls note that the photos are not as old as it is stated in the photos itself.
This is Jason. One of the faithful brothers who served with me in ushering back then. Really treasure the friendship and the brotherly love. He did, however, make me cry though when he left the church. But I'm so glad that he came back to God eventually! So glad that your back Jason! ^^
Daryl Kang! Or also known as D.K.! Yes yes. You can call him Drift King, Dance King, etc. Call him what you want. Hahaha. Really reminds me of those days when Daryl, Brandon and myself would hang out on certain evenings playing basketball together at a basketball court among the HDB flats in Hougang. Hahaha. Hope that one day we'll be able to do that again. But first, gotta recover my wrist first!
Freedy! Didn't have much opportunities to work with him. But I guess when you're an usher and the church was smaller, you really do know most people especially the leaders. :)
I'm really wondering about how this photo was taken. Looking at this photo, I can only find one link. We're all from JC and serving in the JC ministry in the different districts. Reminds me of one of the combined efforts of North-east, Central and East JC ministries to hold a JC matthew event. That was where I first met Kevin.
Don't ask me when was this photo taken. I have absolutely no idea. I'm quite shocked myself by how early I started taking photos together with Derrick See! Hahaha. But I must say, he is a rather sweet brother sometimes. SOMETIMES. =P Hahaha.
Daniel Cheah! A powerful leader and loving brother who lives pretty near me. Like only 1 bus stop away (however not as near as Tracy is from his house). Really thankful for all the times when we'll just somehow bump into each other while travelling down and you would ask me about my life and drop nuggets of wisdom into my heart. :) Hope to bump into you soon again! Hahaha.
Looking at this photo really intrigues me. Really. It does. Who would have known that 2 years from that day this photo was taken, 1 guy would end up to be my shepherd for a whole year while the other my District Leader for 2 years. Gosh! God is really amazing and interesting. Hahaha. He sure knows how to bring people together. Haha. :)I can't really recall why the following photos below were taken. I think it was when the sec 4s were first transferred to the JC group. And we were trying to make things more homely, memorable and lovey dovey. Hahaha. So take more photos. Not a very good photographer so just anyhow snap. Hahaha. Just as Nike says, "Just Do It!" =P
Caught in the act of smelling the food. =P Hahahaha. Ok. I've no idea what they're doing but Lu Jiali looks like she is ready to hit me coz I'm snapping shots at them.
Saying grace together at the dinner table! I think Jiali is the one leading the grace. She looks like she's slightly distracted by my photo-taking. O well..
Gosh! Really! Starhub foodcourt!!! A place full of old memories for the old Hopies! Hahaha. Why did they allow it to be torn down??? Haiz...
This is.... Ok. I forgot who is the guy on the extreme left. The middle guy is Bing Liang, my most useless spiritual buddy. The right guy is Alvin. Unfortunately he... well, left...
I must say that the ol' East 'D' CG was really packed with loads of fun and brotherly love. Sure do miss those days.
Liang ah Liang ah Liang! The days when we make fools of ourselves and support one another in pushing each other forward towards Christ, how I do miss them. Stupid useless spiritual buddy! I'm still waiting for you to ask me out to catch up lor. Pls call me. :)
This is another one of my spiritual buddies! Otarawana Apinun! A.k.a. the Monk! Don't think he has reached the level of "Bullet-proof Monk" yet. Hahaha. It used to be Apinun, Yaoguo and myself in those days when we were serving God in Victoria. Feels like we were the 3 musketeers. Hahaha. The 3 of us should really catch up some time too. And yes Yaoguo can start 'suaning' me about my lameness again and we can all just laugh our heads off. Hahaha.
I know that fortune telling isn't exactly one of the biblical things to do. But you wouldn't believe what I saw. Hahaha. =P
Mr Dennis Loh Chang Kiat! Really thankful for all that you've done in my life. Even before you became my shepherd, you've always taught me many principles, much of God's Word and impacted and influenced my life with your very own life. Well, after you became my shepherd, I never really had a moment's normal shepherding. Wahahaha.. But you know what, it doesn't matter. Because of the rather unorthodox fashion of shepherding, that's what makes things really memorable. And I'm truly thankful for the skills you've taught me to watch over myself, the principles you've taught me to stand by, the visions that you've placed in my heart, the passion, hunger and desire you've influenced me to have and the heart of a shepherd evidently taught and shown to me with your love and care.
Tri-tri-tri-PLE SMILES!!! Hahaha. This is the ol' "3,2,1 take yourself photo trick". Hahaha. The pranks that we used to play. :)
Small michael! My first sheep who is ever older than myself. Really thankful for his humble and teachable heart. :)Below are some old photos of the old JC group when it first started out. The pioneers of the JC ministry! Don't play play ok? Haha.


It really does bring back memories of the things we do together as a JC group to push forth and advance God's kingdom in our JCs. 4 JCs (VJ, TJ, MJ, TPJ) for J.C. (Jesus Christ)! And it still lives on today. Wahahaha.Underline of this post. GET A BETTER CAMERA!!! It's really worth the investment. So that you won't have to recollect precious memories while starring at lousy photos. This is a classic example. O well, think that's all I have to blog for this entry. Now it is time to move on once again. One cannot continuously live and dwell in the past coz there's so much more and even better moments in store ahead! Really. But don't take my words for it. Take God's word for it. He has a perfect plan and this plan just keeps getting better as it proceeds. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment