Monday, May 12, 2008

Unit Retreat! ^^

Ok! So it's a yes and no. I have been putting off blogging for a while but not because I want to but because I haven't much of any choice. It's been a long weekend and much has happened. So I shall start a blogging spree this morning to just empty some of my thoughts. :)

There was Unit Retreat on Friday night! It was a great time of fellowship, games, nonsense and (WOOT!) we even celebrated Tim's B'day! :)

Here stands 2 very helpful senior sisters, Corrina & Si Hui, who helped in the preparation of the food for the BBQ and also (as you can see) the BBQ-ing of the food itself. Thanks a lot sisters! You've been a great help! ^^


Here is Kat with her customized "Keh Tuh But" (Is this how you spell it?). Apparently Kat is a meat lover and so her dear sheep decided to put as much meat as she can on this stick just for her. It's a sweet thought but I think the meat is ... Oh nothing! It tastes wonderful! =P


I simply love this photo! Hahaha. Of course I love it because it's a photo of my CG! But more than that, it is because Yi Han is inside the photo too!!! Yay!!! ^^ Hahaha. This was taken during the BBQ.

After the BBQ, we had a "Barnabas and Paul" lots drawing! Hahaha. It is to choose our Pauls. In case you are wondering what is this game about, it is something like the "Angel & Mortal" game except that we made it more biblical. If you're wondering what's the link between Barnabas and Paul, they're shepherd and sheep. :) All of us will be a Barnabas (Angel) and we shall randomly pick our Paul (Mortal). So what next? Well, just as a Shepherd (Angel) will bless his/her Sheep (Mortal), so what we shall do is to take this time to just encourage and bless our Pauls! Hahaha. We'll be doing this from now til Uni camp! And so we have until then to guess who our Barnabas is! I do pray that my Barnabas is doing something for me. :) Hahaha.

This was followed by 3 games - Double Whacko, Mix & Match and Entertainment Night! I think the best among all these is the Entertainment Night game! We had to send people out from each group to do some role playing in a modernised setting and convince everyone what biblical character you are acting. Hahaha. And in the midst of this game lies a big fat plot! Wahahaha.. We actually made the last scenario one to transit into Tim's surprise celebration! Hahaha. What happened is that we planted some people to "sabo" the leaders so that all the leaders will have to act and thus try and 'come up' with a script such that Tim will have to say "It is finished!" and so the B'day cake will then make it's enterance! Wahahaha.. Brilliant right? Well, but things just don't turn out as well as we wish sometimes. Apparently he didn't exclaim "It is finished!". He just SAID "It is finished." and we all stared at each other. LOL! I think Eng Seng couldn't hear him clearly too hence he didn't bring out the cake. And all of us had to last minute improvise by looking dumb at one another and going "It is finished? It is finished? It is finished? It is FINISHED!!!" Then out came the cake with the B'day song! Hahahaha. You can try and imagine. It was really hilarious.

We then affirmed Tim and prayed for him. Got him a brown leather bag together with a scrap book full of lovely msgs from the Unit!!! ^^

Looking at this photo, I just wanna say that Yi Han!!! I'm really thankful for you for allowing me to speak into your life that you accepted the one month challenge. It is not easy but I can see that you're giving all that you can to it. :) Was really really touched when you decided to stay throughout the whole event and even attempted to join us earlier by taking leave! Looking forward to seeing you grow even more in your relationship with Christ, serving God together in NTU and seeing you play keyboard for God's ministry in future too! Jia you! ^^

Special thanks to Yen Ling, Si Hui, Corrina, Kat, Yan Yu, Michelle & Nettie for helping out with the food preparations. Couldn't have done it all without you gals. :) And thanks Man Mi for helping me out with the planning of the Unit retreat too. :) Last but not least, PHEW! I'm just glad that it's over. =P

No comments: